Monday, September 25, 2017

PTI September 2017 Blog Hop

9/25/17
Nichole has selected a wonderful Fall/Winter themed
inspiration piece for us for the September Blog Hop!
I love the "Christmas" colors in the floral sprig that the
little bird is carrying while the birdie himself has more fall
colors. And the piece just "pops" against the black background.

The floral sprig from this inspiration photo called me to use my Stitched Folk Art Flower dies to create a similar feel.
It was a challenge for me to incorporate a stitch die into a
card. I made the felt flower into a removable ornament and placed it on the inside of my card. Then I created a window on the front and embellished it with a cute little birdie
from the Winter Woods set (the only one I have that has birds in it). I selected an Aqua
Mist background for the card front since there is one sprig this color in the photo.
     Thank you for visiting my blogspot and enjoy the rest of the Blog Hop today!

Supplies: PTI Winter Woods, Cover Up: Quatrefoil, Stitched Folk Art Flower, Tinsel &
Tags Scallop die, PTI Dye Ink (Stormy Sea, Honey Nut, Terracotta Tile, Summer Sunrise),
PTI cardstock (Aqua Mist), PTI Coaster, MFT Lots of Hugs (sentiment).


13 comments:

  1. So pretty Susan! Love the fancy stitching! Happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, your stitched flowers are just lovely. I love everything about this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I was the recipient of that card! Brilliant idea! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, have to ditto Melanie's comment, oh to receive this beautiful card! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely Susan. Your stitched flowers are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How creative! I love that you made a stitched ornament into your card! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! Love your felt ornament! What a terrific card and gift this is :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely card! your stitching is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Susan this is one stunning card with the gift of an ornament! Your stunning is perfect! Great idea for the hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card, and such a beautiful, creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Susan and I envy the lucky person who receives this card as they get the GORGEOUS ornament from the inside to hang up...just lovely!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky person who received this, what a gorgeous use of the felt and such a well thought out design for the card!

    ReplyDelete