Tuesday, September 12, 2017

MFT 2017 Card Design Superstar

9/12/17
2017 Card Design Superstar: Clean & Simple Genius

Supplies: MFT Modern Trees, Bitty Bears (sentiment), Stitched Collage Frame, MFT Dye Ink (Daffodil), PTI Dye 
Ink (New Leaf, Poppy Red), MFT Black & White Basics PP.

My interpretation of this category is a design that is "graphically" clean and simple which lead me to create the card I did. I used the new MFT Modern Trees set and followed the seasons leading to winter. The trees are framed by cutting apart the Stitched Collage Frame and layering each one 3 times for some dimension. I placed a gold sequin star atop the winter tree portraying a Christmas tree. I wanted to place one tiny red ornament on the tree, but did not have one by MFT.    As the saying goes for this category..."less is more."

Actually, the "Blessed" card was my first try at this category. I used the Fab Foliage dies
on some Watercolor Wash PP...lined the leaves up in a circle and placed Pointsettias from
Cozy Mittens around the wreath. The "Blessed" word was die-cut 3 times and layered; then
dusted with some Perfect Pearls (Pearl). I added a few red sequins for some berries. The
wreath is framed with the largest of the Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame dies. I am
happy with the end result of this card but it did not seem to fit the criteria for the category
as well.






No comments:

Post a Comment