Friday, September 8, 2017

MFT 2017 Card Design

9/8/17
Color Virtuoso
In my card, I used ink blending (background sky) and water
colors (both Zig Clean Color and Kuretake Pearl Colors)
for the color criteria of this category. I love the effect of 
"Northern Lights" that I can achieve thru ink blending. Stars
were added with small splatters of Copic Opaque White along 
with some water spritzing. The Beach Scene Builder works great for creating snow scenes
(besides beach scenes); thus the ice and snowbank that grounds my polar bear on ice
skates. This card was a joy to make combining many techniques that I've learned from
MFT. Thank you MFT!!

Supplies: MFT Polar Bear Pals, Beach Scene Builder, Bear Big Adventure dies, Cozy
Mittens (sentiment), Black & White Basics PP, Sparkling Clear sequins, Zig Clean Color,
Kuretake Pear Colors, Distress Ink (chipped sapphire, dusty concord, picked raspberry,
squeezed lemonade), Distress Oxide (faded jeans), Copic Opaque White, DecoColor 
Opaque Paint Marker (Liquid Silver).


3 comments:

  1. Oh that night starry sky is gorgeous! And your coloring is amazing. Even the icy pond looks real! Love this, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment! It means alot to me. I get so discouraged looking at everyone's creations...especially from the past Superstar contest (I can only dream).

      Delete