Tuesday, August 21, 2018

PTI MIM #333: Layering Patterns Over Images

8/21/18
Dawn has an interesting MIM challenge for us this week! She
incorporates an overall BG stamp over floral images creating
a layer of additional texture and interest. And depending upon what color you choose for your BG pattern changes the feel of the cards. AMAZING!

I wanted to create a Fall card today (my way of wishing for Fall to hurry up and arrive). And I couldn't resist throwing in that cute scarecrow (from the autumn scarecrow set) with my florals. It is so much fun to drag out previous seasonal sets... "oldies but goodies!"
 Supplies: PTI Garden Party/ autumn scarecrow, PTI Dye Ink (Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Harvest Gold, Honey Nut, Cocoa Bean, Orange Zest, Scarlet Jewel, Soft Stone), Umbrella Crafts Dye Ink (Soft Sand, Beach Sand), MFT Chevron Grid BG/Tiny Checks Brights PP,
Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather PP, Copic Sketch, JudiKins EP (Rustique Weather Vane), Lucy's Cards Fallen Leaves (sequin mix), Stickles (Cinnamon).

5 comments:

  1. This card is charming. All of your chosen elements came together perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly adorable Susan! The scarecrow is such a fun, fall detail that adds so much sweetness to you card. I pulled out an oldie but goodie set for this challenge too. It's always fun to go back to old favorites. I hope fall comes quickly for you. Be blessed my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a darling autumn card! Very fun and cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this card Susan!! Your paper pieced scarecrow is just adorable and I love the fall colored flowers around him and of course the "pattern" you put over the whole card...you really outdid yourself with this FUN and FABULOUS card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan..... this couldn't be any cuter ! Oh my gosh I love your card! After the release I was reminded of the scare crow I already had and you have inspired me even more to take him out! Did you paper piece the SC? He looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete