Tuesday, August 7, 2018

PTI MIM #332: Petite Pattern Play

8/7/18 * Host: Michelle Leone


Making use of the smaller images in the large stamp sets to
create backgrounds is our challenge this week for MIM. This
is an easy method for BGs but I found it a bit of a challenge to space the images evenly. Part of my problem was that I chose an ornament shape to act as a mask...instead of a circle or square with an easier symmetry. I love the way
Michelle's baby cards came out and they would make a 
perfect gift with the foursome she created.

I am in Christmas mode this week...having fun playing with
Lizzie's newest Heirloom Ornament 1 stitching dies. This kind of transferred over to my card. I dusted off a couple of my old Christmas stamp sets and came up with this:



 Supplies: PTI Quilted Winter/Christmas Critters/Brilliant Baubles/ways to say 
merry Christmas, PTI Dye Ink (Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, Stormy Sea, Green 
Parakeet), Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments, Stampin' Up Jewels Basic 
Pearls, WOW glitter shapes.

7 comments:

  1. This is so cute and cleverly stamped, Susan! What a darling card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a clever idea to use an ornament shape for the petite pattern play. I don't know if you had to stamp it more than once, but you were able to work out the symmetry on the actual card. This card is sweet as can be. And the ornaments are pretty special, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorable card! I like that you used the ornament for your background image - it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is just so adorable. Perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can never get enough of that sweet little mouse. So nice to see him again, and your darling card with him in front of that lovely bg. Your felt ornaments are gorgeous. You're getting a good head start, I can see!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Susan, your card is fabulous and so are your sweet felt ornaments. I love this little mouse. So glad you pulled it out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwww...your card is absolutely ADORABLE Susan!! That mouse is so darn CUTE and I love the snowflake ornament behind him too!! And yay to you for already finishing your snowflake ornaments! I have a couple cut out but haven't stitched them up yet...time to get busy! CUTE card and BEAUTIFUL ornament! :0)

    ReplyDelete