Wednesday, August 30, 2017

PTI Stamp-A-Faire 2017, 9th Anniversary (Pottery)

8/30/17
9th Anniversary (Pottery) with Lexi Daly.
Supplies: PTI Tinsel & Tags, Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge,
Holiday Word die, PTI Dye Ink (New Leaf, Pure Poppy,
Honey Nut), Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments,
Creative Paperclip, Perfect Pearls (Bronze).

Okay, this card probably took me the longest to make!
It has been in the high 90's here in Southern California
and I made my paperclay embellishment yesterday thinking
it would dry overnight. Wrong! It was still damp this morning.
Luckily, one of the ornament shapes I made was thinner than
the other and I was able to get that one dry to finish my card.
The ink colors I first stamped onto the wet clay were so 
vibrant. I was so disappointed this morning when the colors
were all faded (you could barely see the images). I went back
in and hand-painted the colors. My feeling is that it would be better to stamp the images after the clay has been cut and is allowed to dry. I plan to try this method out in the future.


1 comment:

  1. BEAUTIFUL WORK toward the challenges! I LOOOOVE the clay tag/ornament you made for Lexi's Challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete