Monday, September 24, 2018

PTI September 2018 Blog Hop

9/25/18
      I just returned from a trip up to Seattle/Vancouver for the 
past 10 days. Our kids ran a half-marathon in Seattle...my
hubby and I came along to baby-sit the grandkids. It was an
enjoyable trip, especially the lovely Fall-like temperatures. I 
loved all the beautiful, green trees everywhere.
       It's back to the PTI challenges this week! I selected the 
festive tablecloth and pumpkins as inspiration for my card. I 
wanted to use the Plaid Builder stencils to bring in the plaid 
tablecloth. I made a couple of plaid designs, both of which 
were very vibrant and way too much as a whole for what I had
in mind. Turned out that using the Pierced Feature Frames:
Ovals was just enough plaid. Of course, the rest is history...with
Betsy's Simply Gourd-eous set. My sentiment is a bit wonky (it
doesn't pay to work late at night). >.<




Supplies: PTI Simply Gourd-eous, Keep It Simple: Blessed, Pierced Feature Frames:
Oval Die, Plaid Builder Stencil Collection, PTI Dye Ink (Summer Sunrise, Terracotta Tile,
Orange Zest, Soft Stone, Simply Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Spring Mist, Honey Nut), 
Cuttlebug EF (herringbone), MFT Die-namics Fab Foliage, Lucy's Cards sequins (Fallen
Leaves).

7 comments:

  1. Oh Susan...this turned out absolutely GORGEOUS!! LOVE your plaid oval frame, your textured background, and of course all those lovely pumpkins and gourds. Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your mind processed this beautifully. Great idea to use the splash of colors in your plaid as a frame. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the plaid oval frame, Susan! Beautiful layout and card. Your trip sounds wonderful. Any time with grandkids is a win win for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful plaid oval wreath you made for your lovely pumpkins Susan! The embossed background adds great texture to your design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful rich colors and textures! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful! Puts me in the fall spirit.

    ReplyDelete