Tuesday, September 4, 2018

PTI MIM #335: Pop Up Slider Cards

9/4/18
We are challenged this week for MIM with Betsy's 
engineering feat of constructing a pop-up slider card.
Her little pumpkin guy is just adorable and I love that
you pull on his legs to reveal a hidden sentiment.

I ran into some trouble constructing my pop-up slider
card with my cardstock getting bent behind the scenes.
I had to reinforce it and then I cut my top slot too big.
So my pop-up pumpkin stack did not stay centered...fixed
it with a bit of Scotch tape (again behind the scenes).  It's
not perfect but came out functional. I also added a top hat
to the small top pumpkin as he had a tiny little stem that was askew...and I needed something wider and more flat for the top tab. Cute idea but a bit labor intensive and not good to do late at night. >.<

 Supplies: PTI Autumn Scarecrow/Sentiment Staples: Halloween/ Holiday Pin-Ups (hat), PTI Dye Ink (Green Parakeet, New Leaf), MFT Interactive Labels/Grassy Edges Stencil, MFT Dye Ink (Berrylicious), Die-namics Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame Die, Lawn Fawn Small Stitched Leaves, Copic Sketch, DOI (candied apple, spiced marmalade, fossilized amber, walnut stain), Stickles (orange).

4 comments:

  1. Oh Susan this is wonderful, despite your problems. The Leaves are colored with such beautiful fall shades. I just love that you added the pull tab, something I intend to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with mine a bit too, but you'd never know it looking at your card Susan! It's colored beautifully, and I love the hidden sentiment too! Cute, CUTE card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you perservered Susan, this came out adorable! The top hat on the pumpkin is darling and so clever. Love your fall colored leaves too. It all came together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out beautiful Susan! I felt just as you did and had the same problems but so wanted to make it work. Love all the fall leaves you added!

    ReplyDelete