Monday, July 16, 2018

PTI MIM#329: Creating Stencils from Die Cuts

7/16/18
Today's MIM is hosted by Melissa. Our challenge is to use die
cuts as stencils. I have quite a collection of Mix & Mat dies so
it was a given to select from this. I chose the Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets to work with along with Betsy's Watered Rose. Here is the resulting card:

Supplies: PTI Watered Rose, Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets, PTI Dye Ink (Sweet Blush, 
Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, Aqua Mist, Ocean Tides, Tropical Teal, Pinefeather), 2008
Bitty Dot Basics PP, PTI Sweet Blush CS, Lucy's Cards Rainbow Sparkle mix.

9 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful! I've never seen the Watered Rose stamp before. It is gorgeous and I love your color choices....beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really liking how the mix & mat die cuts used as stencils give a defined background. You've evoked a lush rose garden with your use of color, the blended backdrop and the roses. Like Sharyn, this is the first I've seen the Watered Rose in use and it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and patterns, Susan! The Watered Rose is stunning! Beautifully done card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, lovely card Susan!! I love your softly stenciled background and DSP...a perfect backdrop for those beautiful roses, of which I have never seen before either! Am going to have to go check those out! Well done my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marcia, the Watered Rose is by Betsy Veldman from the monthly Buy It Live. Not sure if you can still get it?!

      Delete
  5. So pretty with the pinks and greens together! All the layering on this is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO PRETTY, Susan! You put this together WONDERFULLY! ;) LOVE the colors, the layers & THOSE FLOWERS!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just gorgeous Susan, very classy card! I played with my watered roses when I first got them and fell in love. You just reminded me to bring those beauties back out today, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card! I love your choice of greens with the pink flowers. Great stenciling, too 😉

    ReplyDelete