Tuesday, July 3, 2018

PTI MIM #327: Ombre Watercolor Backgrounds

7/3/18
Betsy heads up this weeks MIM with an ombre watercolor
background challenge. She uses 3 shades of one color, 
sponges it onto watercolor paper with the dark at the top.
Then drags a flat brush with a bit of water from the top to
the bottom to get the ombre effect. I used the green inks
(New Leaf/Green Parakeet/Spring Moss) as a BG for the
Corner Adorner June berries. My New Leaf did not come out
as dark as it should have when I brushed it. I think my New Leaf ink pad is drying out and I need to buy a re-inker to recharge it. I chose not to use one element and stamp it in the 3 shades of color to form a frame for the sentiment. I may need to try this again?!!  
 Supplies: PTI Corner Adorner: June, Words to Live By: Laugh, PTI Dye Ink (Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Spring Moss), Bitty Big: Raspberry Fizz,
PTI Linen CS.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Susan. The Corner Adorner looks so lovely against your green background. And so does the sweet red and white dot pattern paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, lovely Summer card Susan!! I think the Corner Adorner set came out beautifully against your green ombre background and I love the red & white dotted DSP too! Definitely a card that makes me smile!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Susan! Love the background and how you layered it with the red polka dot. Wonderful with the corner adorner, too! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't get better than red and green, polka dots and ombre in one card! Love your beautiful fresh and summery card, Susan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I'm going to have to try that color combo since Green Parakeet is a favorite of mine! The addition of the red polka dots and flowers was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. Just wanted to say I think your cards fab. Why would you feel the need to do it again? It's perfect TFS xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet summer card and love your use of the red dotty paper complimenting your berries!

    ReplyDelete