Tuesday, May 29, 2018

PTI MIM #323: Cascading Die Cuts

5/19/18
Stephanie treats us to a simple technique that creates a cool
effect for this weeks PTI MIM challenge! I like her method of
making use of both the positive and the negative from die cuts. I used Lizzy's Forest Floor: Summer set to try Stephanie's challenge and am happy with the results. I also
tried Stephanie's idea of wetting her seam binding and smooshing it to get that wrinkled look. It worked great on my
seam binding bow ends...the ends always get in the way and block my sentiment (not this time). :) BTW, I forgot to bend
my strawberries/leaves up a bit to give dimension. They are just adhered at the stems. Looks even better when you do this. I'll have to give Stephanie's technique another "go!"


Supplies: PTI Forest Floor: Summer, Hexagon stencil, PTI Dye Ink (Berry Sorbet, Pure Poppy, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Spring Rain, Soft Stone, Harvest Gold), Copic Sketch,
Die-namics Stitched Rectangle STAX 2, vintage seam binding, 

6 comments:

  1. Your card turned out nice! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card turned out FABULOUS Susan! LOVE the bright Summer colors and the dark cardstock beneath really does highlight those yummy looking strawberries! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, summery looking card! Love the addition of that little ladybug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card...love your berries and wee ladybug.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out beautifully! I really love the Forest Floor Summer set and it worked great for this challenge. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan, your card is beautiful. Great choices for a fantastic finish!

    ReplyDelete