Monday, May 14, 2018

PTI Create Along With Us: May 2018

5/14/18
I have selected a colorful tropical floral card by Betsy
for my CAS. I was interested in her background created
by sponging ink and then dragging a wet brush across
it. This blends the inks and creates brush strokes. Don't
know if I did it right but the look is similar to Betsy's. I 
worked with her color palette which is out of my comfort
zone of usually reaching for cool colors. Here's my result:

 Supplies: PTI Some Like It Hot, Ways to Say: Hello, MFT Tropical Flowers, Die-namics Stitched Rectangle STAX 2, PTI Dye Ink (Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Scarlet Jewel, Cocoa Bean), Pretty Pink Posh (sparkling clear jewels).

4 comments:

  1. What a nice job following the card example. Beautiful colors and a nice tropical feel to your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...this turned out GORGEOUS Susan!! I think your card looks every bit as lovely as Betsy's...just LOVE the colors and your beautiful flowers! Well done!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your background against the colorful flowers is striking! I need to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, you're gorgeous background has me wanting to try this technique. Love the hot tropic colors and your stamps and dies were a perfect choice. Stunning card!

    ReplyDelete