Saturday, February 24, 2018

PTI February 2018 Blog Hop

2/25/18
Our inspiration photo for the PTI February 2018 Blog Hop
is a festive Easter setting in beautiful pastel colors and all 
the Easter elements in its glory.

I've tried to capture the airy feeling of Spring/Easter creating
my bunny scene. I barely received my newest shipment from
PTI in time...as I was waiting for Heather's newest bunny to
use in my scene. In the meantime, I sponged in some clouds
and created grass with my Fiskars grass border punch. I 
wanted an authentic Easter egg dye look with splattering for
the paper eggs. I sponged 6 Distress Oxide ink colors onto 
watercolor paper...spritzed it with some water...splattered
some white paint...then dye-cut the eggs. They came out looking pretty close to real dyed eggs.

Enjoy the Blog Hop and thanks for visiting!!   

Supplies: PTI Bunny Blessings, Bunny Basket, Noted: Scalloped A2 Vertical Die, PTI Dye
Ink (Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Harvest Gold, Summer Sunrise, Lilac Grace, Amethyst
Allure, Honey Nut, Cocoa Bean, Stormy Sea), Distress Oxide Ink, Fiskars Border Punch
(grass), MFT Cloud stencil, Wink of Stella (Gl. Clear).

16 comments:

  1. Susan, what a beautiful card - you captured the inspiration photo perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute scene Susan! Looks like spring has sprung! happy hopping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, such a pretty Spring-y card.... with beautiful color and detail (and those eggs are a-mazing!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful (and perfect) take on the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely, Susan! What a great way to dye your Easter eggs. So happy that your new bunny arrived in the nick of time! 💗

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet Easter card, Susan!! So much detail here and a Spring look full of inspiration! Your dyed Easter eggs are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card with the scalloped edge and white fluffy clouds! and of course, the cute bunny and eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful! Love your created scene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super sweet scene, Susan! Love the inked eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww...what a sweet, sweet card Susan! Love your bunny, your sky, and most definitely your dyed Easter eggs...they really do look like the real thing!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a sweet little scene! I love the sponged clouds, and how the bunny looks like a chocolate one! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so darling Susan! Love the clouds and your sweet springtime scene!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So super cute and I love the clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card, inspires me to make Easter cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This card is so precious! I don't normally make Easter cards, but I'll just have to make this one. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete