Wednesday, March 22, 2017

PTI MIM: Window Chipboard Sentiments

3/22/17 ** Stephanie presents a different twist using the
negative from die cut sentiments as a window for the 
sentiment which is built up resembling chipboard. I learned
that not all die cut sentiments are "created equal!" My first
"thanks" card would not cooperate with its window with its
curly-Qs getting caught on its layered sentiment...no matter
what I did. I finally just cut a rectangle window around the
thanks because I didn't want to throw the card out after all
the work that went into it (a good save).

My second card was much simpler with the "HAPPY" die being block style. Wow, what a difference...Stephanie's technique actually worked for me! :)

**PTI Sunshine & Rainbows mini kit, Petite Pots, Tag Sale Quilted die, thanks die, misc. dye inks.   Misc: Lawn Fawn happy, happy, happy die.



2 comments:

  1. Genius!! Nice save and both are beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet! I think we all learned picking the right word to die-cut is the key to success with this technique. I also had problems with my card opening/closing.

    ReplyDelete