Thursday, October 27, 2016

PTI MIM: Layered Dry Brushing

10/24/16
Lizzie Jones presents an interesting technique for this
weeks Make It Monday challenge. The layered dry
brushing adds light color, texture and interest to
a background. I like the fact that you can stamp over
the background with stamp color/image still showing
up clearly. I tried dry brushing paint on watercolor paper
and on PTI linen cardstock. I liked the lighter color
on the linen cardstock better for what I had in mind to
do. I will be adding this technique towards future cards!
Love that cute little mouse from Christmas Critters...had
to try him out. :)

DETAILS:
PTI Stamps/dies-Christmas Critters, Christmas Critters 
   sentiments, Lawn Fawn stitched rectangles.


PTI Inks-Stormy Sea, Lovely Lady, Hibiscus Burst,
   Pure Poppy, Mint Julep, New Leaf, Pinefeather,
   Spring Rain, Cocoa Bean.

Misc-PTI linen cardstock, JudiKins white/black
   embossing powder, Silhouette, FolkArt acrylic 
   paint (light blue), Wink of Stella (clear), 3/8" 
   sheer ribbon, snowflake button, natural flax linen. 



2 comments:

  1. Cute, cute card Susan! I'm kind of kicking myself that I didn't get that mouse set now...he is just too sweet! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness this is so sweet and adorable. That Christmas set is amazing! Great job,

    ReplyDelete