Thursday, October 20, 2016

PTI Make It Monday: Die-Cut Stencil Shapes (10/17/16)

Melissa Phillips uses die cuts as stencils in this weeks MIM challenge. Using die cuts as stencils and applying ink with a sponge blending tool creates a beautiful softness that is characteristic to Melissa's style.  I used Lawn Fawn's Stitched Snowflakes for my stencil shapes since I have not received my October order from PTI yet (was planning to use What the Doodle Snowflakes). I paired two PTI stamp sets for the rest of the card drawing my inspiration from a sample from the Christmas Tree Change Up stamp set (looks like one by Melissa too). Love that little polar bear from Warmest Wishes! TFL!


DETAILS:

Stamps/Dies - PTI Warmest Wishes, Christmas Tree Change Up (stamps and box die); Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflakes and Stitched Hillside Borders.

PTI Dye Inks: Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky.

Misc - PTI Linen cardstock; embossing powders (Zing Gold Glitter & JudiKins White Diamond/black); natural flax linen; clear sequins

5 comments:

  1. What a great card Susan and I love that bear from Warmest Wishes too...he looks fabulous against your beautiful snowy background! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this abnd it makes me want those dies and stamps for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! I had to look up the "Change Up" set because I don't remember seeing it before. And of course I just love that polar bear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card, good use of the MIM ideas! Gentle color and feel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is just wonderful! Your bg, the tree, and of course, that darling bear! Beautifully crafted, Susan.

    ReplyDelete