Wednesday, September 21, 2016

PTI Make It Monday: Using Florals on a Masculine Project


9/19/16 * Betsey Veldman hosts this weeks MIM with her beautiful florals applied to a masculine card! She makes 
it seem so simple, but I had difficulty putting together
a card for this challenge. For one thing, I have very few floral sets in my PTI stash nor do I have any greenery to scatter amongst the florals.
     Back to my overused Bloomers set...and the ferns are 
cut from a Spellbinders die set. I added some Sparkly Fluff for the flower centers and finished toning down the flowers  
using the Pretty Frame die. The sentiment is backed with 
the leftover center piece from the frame. I think this card still looks more feminine than masculine. :( 

    Stamps: PTI Ombre Sentiments: Birthday, Bloomers
    Dies: PTI Bloomers, Pretty Frame, Spellbinders Die D-Lites (Ferns), Lawn Fawn stitched
          rectangles
    Ink: PTI Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal, Cocoa Brown
    Judikins embossing powders (clear, white); Sparkly Fluff (orange, yellow); fine hemp 
          cord; Dress-It-Up tiny natural button; Lawn Fawn Sweater Weather 6x6 pad


        
                            



7 comments:

  1. Really love this card! Great colors and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this turned out great! Even though there are flowers on it, I think your color selection makes it more masculine than feminine looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic color and pattern combination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too hard on yourself...this came out great! Your flowers are perfect and look fabulous on your background! Love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also had a hard time with this one. I think you were able to pull it off. I think the way you did your sentiment really tones down the flowers to give it that masculine feel. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great masculine card. Love the background paper and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job with the floral masculine theme. I like the gingham background paper and the aqua flowers. Beautiful !


    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete