Monday, September 5, 2016

PTI Make It Monday #260: From Black and White to Color

Danielle Flanders presents a wonderful technique this week for Make It Monday at PTI! It reminds me of all the coloring books which are out everywhere today (great fun)!


     Materials:
     PTI Stamp set: Winter Hills; Tag Sale: Quilted die
     Copic sketch markers; Distress Inks for background
     Lawn Fawn pastel plaid paper pad; card base: PTI
     linen cardstock; Wink of Stella brush (clear).

     I have had my eye on the Winter Hills set since last
     year during the holidays. I finally broke down and 
     bought it. Danielle's black and white to color was
     the perfect technique to try out on the set. Her idea
     of embossing the image before coloring it with
     Copic markers worked great on the house! I also
     embossed a tree from the set on vellum, fussy-cut
     it and tucked it behind the house. The colored 
     portion of the tag is popped-up with Twin Stick. I'm
     pleased with the way this card came out :) TFL !!



6 comments:

  1. What a cute, quaint winter setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this is stunning!! Your house and the background really pop out on this scene! Amazing what you did with it and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super adorable using that winter scene! I love the homespun feel of the plaid background and the tag for your image. This truly is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Susan and never would have thought of using this set, but I love how it came out! Beautiful coloring too!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Susan I love this! What a great image to choose..... simply gorgeous! Love the colors and the plaid patterned paper !

    ReplyDelete