Friday, January 11, 2019

PTI MIM #347: Winter Watercolor

1/11/19
Winter Watercolor is this weeks MIM challenge headed by
Ashley. She creates a magnificent wintery scene with soft 
watercolors (actually re-inkers) and the Enchanted Forest
set. I love the look of watercolors but still struggle with using
them and getting it to do what I want. I tried using re-inkers
but they did not behave like normal watercolors on my water-
color paper. I had a left over piece and took out my Gansai
Tambi set...played with a few colors and got it to work. Ergo...
I ended up matting my piece to fill an A2 card. I am happy I
finally made use of my Winter Window set I bought back in
October. Here's my results:

Supplies: PTI Winter Window/Enchanted Forest/Penned Elegance, PTI Dye Ink (Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky, Simple Chartreuse, Ripe Avocado, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone, Lilac Grace), Lawn Fawn Knock On Wood PP, Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors, VersaMark
ink, Judikins white EP, Judikins Embossable Window Plastic, Stickles (yellow, lavender, crystal), Studio Katia Snow Crystals.

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Susan! Good thing you persevered as it turned out soooo pretty! I love my Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colors too...more of a rich and solid color than the more translucent look of the re-inkers! Your window with all the snow and frost in each corner is so pretty and I love the look of the Enchanted Forrest trees behind the window too! And of course your sparkly candle finishes it all off just beautifully! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH, Susan! I really like the winter window scene you created! Thanks so much for participating in this week's Make It Monday. It was a treat to see your card and I'm inspired by your design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, this is just wonderful. Looking out from a cozy interior into a winter wonderland outside. Just terrific. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete