Wednesday, October 25, 2017

PTI October 2017 Blog Hop

10/25/17
Supplies: PTI Tinsel & Tags, MFT Modern Trees, PTI Bitty
Dot Basics PP, PTI Dye Ink (Pure Poppy, Cocoa Bean,
Honey Nut, Soft Stone, Stormy Sea), Distress Oxide (faded
jeans, broken china, chipped sapphire, black soot), Zig
Clean Color.

I absolutely had a difficult time with this inspiration photo 
(really not my style nor color combination). I tried some
watercolor background in the colors presented but it turned
into one big mess. I decided to go with the house on the
hill surrounded with red tree trunks. My night sky is ink blended which came out okay but not as dark as I wanted. I masked off the trees (sorry, from MFT) and used Zig Clean Color for the masked trees after; then stamped in the details. I ink blended Honey Nut/Cocoa Bean over yellow Bitty Dot PP for the hill. The house, deer and banner with sentiment are from Betsy's Tinsel & Tags kit. I am not quick at card creations but this card really took me a long time. >.< 

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the October Blog Hop!

7 comments:

  1. Your card came out just lovely Susan! I was glad to hear you struggled with the inspiration photo too. I had a really hard time getting past the devil image on the bottom and that soured the whole rest of the photo for me! I am glad to see so many happy and beautiful cards come out of such a dark (to me) artwork, and yours is definitely a beautiful card!! Thanks for being so honest in sharing your feelings with me...I appreciate it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggled with the photo also but believe me...you nailed it. What a beautiful card. I adore little houses and such and your card is just brilliant. Well done you! Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way your night sky came out - it reminds me of a snowy, night sky. Your entire scene is lovely. There were too many things to choose from in the inspiration photo, that's why I went simple. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Susan, I struggled too, with the style and colors of the inspiration. But it looks like you overcame and created a winner! Your sweet scene is full of rich color and texture. Love the sky and the banner is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan for admitting to a struggle you have created a beauty of your own! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love thios sweet little scene and the colours you chose are amazing! Love.

    ReplyDelete