Wednesday, May 24, 2017

PTI MIM: Felt Flowers


5/24/17 ** Lizzie's challenge for us for this weeks MIM involves using flower dies to make felt flowers. This is a refreshing challenge as it does not involve using stamps and gives us another use for our floral dies. :)  I did not buy Kay's Mandala dies (either one) which lead me to hunt thru my
floral dies in my stash. I found a couple of sets that I thought
might work. I also do not own the leaf dies Lizzie used. Used
my Silhouette to cut three sizes of leaves and hand cut the
felt from these.


I first made a couple of barrettes for my soon-to-be new granddaughter even tho it will be awhile before she has
enough hair to wear them. I made them in different colors since they are rather large and probably wouldn't be worn together. Of course, that left me with a few other flowers I had made which seemed to me would make a great jar topper. I have a "Welcome" basket I am planning on giving my daughter when she has her baby. So the jar filled with candy (for mom, of course) and the barrettes will be added to my basket of goodies.
I plan on making some memo boards like Lizzie's too
(way too cute)!     TFL! ;)

Supplies:  PTI Painted Petals dies, Clever Barrette Cover dies, XOXO, Tinsel & Tags (scalloped base).
Misc: MFT Bold Blooms/Doodled Blooms, Silhouette.









2 comments:

  1. Wow, beautiful flowers! I love all the spring colors. How sweet to use them for you daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your barrettes and flowers turned out SO pretty and what a wonderful gift for your daughter and granddaughter! :0)

    ReplyDelete