Tuesday, April 18, 2017

PTI MIM: Patterns Behind Die-Cut Windows

4/18/17 ** Dawn hosts this weeks MIM at PTI with her simple but
effective technique of placing a sponged stencil background behind
a die-cut window. Love the delicate background created by this
method...a perfect place to ground some pretty florals.

I tried using Betsy's Bloom & Grow florals but they were a bit too
small and I couldn't get the right balance. I ended up using MFT Bold Blooms which fit perfectly in the spaces I had intended to embellish. I have a retirement dinner to attend this Friday for a hygienist in the office where I work...so this card is intended for her.

Supplies: PTI Banner Style, Double Ups: Rectangles die.  PTI dye inks: Sweet Blush, Pale Peony, Berry Sorbet, New Leaf, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Honey Nut, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky.  PTI cardstock (Linen, Spring Moss).
Misc: MFT Bold Blooms, Prima stencil (raindrops).      **TFL and have a great week!



2 comments:

  1. Lovely, lovely card Susan! Your flowers and background are so pretty and I love how you tucked that banner in there too! Your co-worker will love this!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, this is so pretty! Great selection of colors for the flowers and the double banner is something I have to remember to do.

    ReplyDelete