Tuesday, April 25, 2017

PTI April 2017 Blog Hop

4/25/17 ** So here we are again for PTI's April Blog Hop
(2017 is moving right along). I had a difficult time with Nicole's
choice for our inspiration. The pattern is retro and the colors
are not my choice, but it is good to work out of one's comfort
zone periodically. I toned the color combo down adding just
a few florals and made the grey and soft pink my background.

Happy Blog Hopping and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies: PTI Some Like It Hot, Ways to Say: thank you,
Mix & Mat Flourishes die.    PTI dye inks: Sweet Blush, Pale
Peony, Orange Zest, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone, Stormy Sea.
PTI cardstock (Sweet Blush).     Misc: ColorMates Medium Morning Mist, Lawn Fawn
stitched rectangles, Die-namics stitched oval word window.


12 comments:

  1. Grey is the perfect background for the bright hibiscus, and I like the simplicity of the rest of the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the gray and pink backgrounds and those hibiscus are one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of color here. The flowers are stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt exactly the same as you about this challenge, but you have done a marvellous job! The pierced border is a great way to draw the eye around the card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You definitely cannot tell you struggled. The end result is so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout! Coordinated so nicely. I felt like you I just could not get those colors to work in my head. Never would have thought they'd work in the end and yours really did work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your card with the inspiration photo colors Susan! The pink and gray worked perfectly as a background for your bright and beautiful flowers...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. There have been times I've felt the same way about an inspiration photo (this wasn't one of those times - but then, I have always loved pink/yellow/orange together). You did a great job with it, though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card, Susan! I agree, this was a comfort-zone stretching challenge...but you did a gorgeous job balancing the colors. Love those Hibiscus flowers!!

    ReplyDelete