Monday, December 18, 2017

PTI MIM #307: Faux Stained Glass

12/18/17
Laurie presents a clever idea to create faux stained glass
for this weeks MIM. She uses velum behind a cover plate 
die and then colors some of the die-cut spaces with Copic markers to achieve the stained glass look. 
I love the look of this technique...tho I lack owning very many cover plates. I used one of Betsy's Mix & Mat dies (Pretty Brackets) to try out Laurie's method. Thought I'd make a Thank You card to use after Christmas. I can't believe I took this challenge...I still have so much to do before Christmas. But I just couldn't resist. :)

Supplies: PTI Mix & Mat: Pretty Brackets, Gran's Garden, ways to say: thank you, PTI Dye ink (Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, Pale Peony, Scarlet Jewel, Green Parakeet, New Leaf, Ripe Avocado), Copic Sketch.

10 comments:

  1. Very Beautiful. I never thought to use one of the Mix & Mats - Good thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! I love the gran's gardens flowers. Isn't that the most gorgeous set? It has become a favorite of mine. Love the use of the mix and mat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Susan. Nice stitching all around and the blossoms at the bottom are just lovely. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a perfect idea to use one of the mix & mat dies Susan...love it!! And of course Gran's Garden is always a perfect choice!! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Susan!! Love the floral details you added, and the coverplate you chose is perfect for this technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan this is so pretty and I love the way you used the flower set! So happy I finally bought that set!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan I saw your gorgeous card on pinterest, and had to come say how lovely it turned out! Gorgeous bg, with picture perfect florals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Susan, this is a beautiful thank you card! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete