Tuesday, July 18, 2017

PTI MIM: Emboss Resist Shadow Sentiments

7/18/17
Ashely hosts this weeks MIM at PTI with her emboss-resist shadow sentiments challenge. I love her cute watermelon Pool Party invite! And her technique is just perfect to highlight PARTY. I don't own any large sentiment stamps but found that Ashley's technique works fine on smaller "bold" stamps as well. I selected the Colorful Treats stamp set to use and yes, there REALLY is a rainbow cake like the one I've colored. It is from King's Hawaiian bakery and is called the Paradise Cake. This cake is absolutely wonderful (light even tho it looks rich) and makes my mouth drool just thinking about it. TFL and hope you are enjoying the summer. ;)

Supplies: PTI: Color Treats, Mix & Mat: Scallops, Aqua Mist cardstock.
Misc: Peerless watercolors, Kuretake Zig Clean Color, Copic Opaque White.

6 comments:

  1. Susan, your cake is also making me drool! Love that you added a photo of the real thing. Can almost taste each layer... Beautiful card, with the lacy bg. And your sentiment came out fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lacy background and cake look yummy on your pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card. Love the coloring on the cake

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun AND pretty card Susan! That cake looks so yummy that I am drooling too and it looks fabulous against that pretty lacy background...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling card! I love the cake and you did a great job on the sentiment embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card! You've got me craving cake now. :-)

    ReplyDelete