Tuesday, August 28, 2018

PTI Stamp-A-Faire 2018: Creating Plantable Paper/Planting Your Garden



8/28/18
Creating Plantable Paper (Heather Nichols)
Planting Your Garden (Dawn McVey): Create a project using 8 colors involving stenciling, stamping and die-cuts.

I spent my morning making handmade paper! This is quite a process tho' rewarding. I made 5 sheets with the last two having a pinkish tinge (threw in some light pink construction paper). I'll have to try this paper-making again to experiment with more coloring. My paper contains no seeds (next time).

I have combined my card for two of the Stamp-A-Faire challenges since it works and I am running short on time.
Using Betsy's Simply Gourd-eous is a blast and sooo colorful (love her 2-step stamping). I did not have a leaf
stencil so I made my own using the leaf die-cut from Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge. The stencil is not super distinct but this is what I was going for...a subtle BG. Thought it would be cute to attach one of the leaves onto my twine bow at the top of the card. Too bad most of my handmade paper barely shows up on the card.     Onto finishing my last challenge...Heather's journal (probably won't get this one in before the deadline). >.<



Supplies: PTI Simply Gourd-eous, Mix & Mat: Pinked Edge, PTI Dye Ink (MORE than 8!),
Die-namics Blessed/Blessings word die, Arnold Grummer's Paper-Making Set, Tonic Studios Mirror Card (Rose Platinum).

No comments:

Post a Comment