Tuesday, June 19, 2018

PTI MIM #325: Flowers in Reverse

6/19/18
Dawn challenges us to die-cut flowers in white only and "spruce-up" the leaves while mounting everything on a pure
white background. The colors in her leaves draw attention
to her white flowers. I had some trouble trying to find the
"right" flower dies from my sparse floral collection. I used
Garden Party and a set from MFT (Bold Blossoms). I know
my BG is supposed to be all white but I couldn't resist adding
a strip of yellow check to add a little pop. Here's my take:
 Supplies: PTI Garden Party, Shape Shifters: Circle 1 Die, PTI Dye Ink (Simply Chartreuse,
Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, Aqua Mist, Pale Peony, Lilac Grace, Amethyst Allure, Harvest Gold), MFT Bold Blossoms/All Smiles Card Kit, MFT Tiny Check Brights PP, water droplets.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Susan. I'm a gingham girl so the yellow and white checked paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty florals, Susan. Love the gingham. It adds just the right bg for the blooms to pop! Gorgeous mix of spring colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card definitely made me smile Susan...your white flowers are so pretty with just a touch of color in the leaves and I love the pop of color with the yellow gingham at the bottom too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Susan,
    I think you nailed this challenge. Love your card! Like Sharyn said - you had me at yellow and gingham. The arrangement of your flowers is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan, your card is beautiful and I like the yellow gingham at the bottom! Isn't it funny how we never seem to have the right stamp sets to use for these challenges, yet we make it work.

    ReplyDelete