Sunday, May 5, 2019

PTI WIW: May 1-8

5/5/19
Laurie's Fabulous Favorites: Favorite layout

I don't really have any particular layouts that are my regular "go-tos."  I select my stamp set(s) which ever focus I need and the layout usually just falls into place from there. That being said, I needed another Mother's Day card and decided to go with Butterfly Blooms. This is a new stamp set for me
not having purchased it when it was released last year. 
The butterfly is quite large and takes up most of the card; ergo I needed a simple LO so the focus would be highlighted. I went with orange and black as we are in the midst of a Painted Lady butterfly migration where I live right now. They
are everywhere and in a great hurry. It must be their mating season??!!

 Supplies: PTI Butterfly Blooms/Shape Shifters: Circle 3 Die, PTI Dye Ink (Orange Zest, Summer Sunrise, Harvest Gold), DOI (spiced marmalade), PTI Bitty Big (Orange Zest, Kraft), VersaMark Ink, black EP.

2 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty Susan! I love the simple layout and putting the white shape shifter's circle behind the butterfly really makes it stand out! And your blending on the butterfly is fabulous! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful card. I love the pop of white behind the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete