Wednesday, April 26, 2017

PTI MIM #282: Stenciled Watercolor Backgrounds

4/25/17 ** Watercolor backgrounds using stencils is Betsy's
challenge for us for this weeks MIM at PTI. Of course, she
is a master at card creations and always manages to select
just the right colors. I've made 2 cards for this challenge. My African Violets are in bloom and I wanted to capture them in
a card tho' I have no stamps that actually represent the violets. I drew from 3 stamp sets to pull together my blooms (PTI bloom and GROW, Color Pop Florals, and MFT Bold Blooms). They sort of look like my violets...at least in color. Dye inks used for this card: Lilac Grace, Winter Wisteria, Spring Rain, New Leaf, Green Parakeet, Amethyst Allure, Royal Velvet

I played with another color combination of watercolors (Aqua Mist, Spring Rain, Blueberry Sky) using the same stencil by TCW and the result reminded me of a snowy background. To switch out the focus on florals, I selected Nicole's Warmest Wishes...just can't get enough of that cute polar bear.      TFL and have fun with the challenge!







4 comments:

  1. Susan, your flowerpot card is absolutely stunning! There's just the right amount of stenciling in the background. Your polar bear card is so cute with him floating on that piece of ice! Great job on both!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowerpot card turned out so pretty Susan, but I absolutely LOVE your Winter card! Your watercolored background is FABULOUS and that Polar Bear is just too cute!! Lovely, lovely cards!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pot of 'violets', and beautiful in rl too! I love it when my violets bloom, like sunshine on my windowsill! Your polar bear looks so sweet against that gorgeous bg. Both cards are lovely! Looks like you mastered a fun technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOWZA! This is stunning! I should have ordered that Kit lol! Your colors are gorgeous your card is fabulous! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete